MWS Chartered Accountants act for a number of primary and secondary schools that have converted to Academy Status or are in the process of doing so.
Academy Status brings with it new financial challenges and responsibilities, in turn requiring effective financial management and budgetary controls.
Converting to Academy Status?
MWS Chartered Accountants have a specialist team to guide head teacher, governors and finance executives through the Academy conversion process and the provision of support services and advice beyond.
Academy services and support
- Assistance and attendance at meetings to help you decide if you should become an Academy
- Auditing an Academy School
- Implementation and support of financial systems and controls
- Preparation of annual financial systems and controls
- Preparation of management accounts, budgets and cashflow forecasts
- Assisting or acting as your Responsible Officer
- VAT and taxation advice
- Payroll support
- Software systems review, assessment and advice